January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 October 2008 March 2011 momslink: My experience with work at home scams

momslink

http://momslink.blogspot.com/ is about issues of interest to the blogger. It carries blogposts on cooking,household,parenting,children,interests or hobbies,travel,tips and ideas....a lot of stuff that you can use in your daily life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cochin, Kerala, India

Hi,I write this blog to share my views and experience on career - esp,online job options,small business opportunities and making money online, parenting, health & Fitness, etc.

Wednesday 13 February 2008

My experience with work at home scams

I would’ve visited hundreds of sites looking for work at home options. They boast of free work options and later ask for payment. Only towards the end of the registration process or when we collect detailed information, we would come across the money part involved in it – either a service charge or a registration fee or initial deposit…..

It was four years back, I saw an ad for a similar work at home service provider and applied for the work by paying Rs.800/Rs.850.they sent me a list of links, which were meant for only US residents or did not provided work to Asia region. The work involved too is like….. click on ads, paid to read mails, paid to click, paid to play, paid survey, etc.


Most of the sites, I felt were not genuine. I never got a single paisa from that work option. Some sites advertise that it is open to international members, but when one registers and starts the work will know that most of the earning options are not available to them. In a way, its cheating. And some sites send cookies and viruses to your system and disable various functions or tracks down the passwords and other personal information.

After that I would’ve called up and checked numerous sites claiming to provide a reliable and good work at home opportunity. But they all ask for initial money/deposit and nobody guarantees a “pucca” earning. My experience had been bad.

At last I came across some genuine sites and jobs. During the search, I learnt a lot.Now I have an online tutoring work, I have two blogs-one at rediffiland and the other http://momslink.blogspot.com , and I also write for another employer. I’m happy with my current occupation. I am enjoying blogging.

In the coming series, we will see the various work at home options, whether they are genuine ….

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home